When you’re commissioning care services, you want a provider that ensures the highest standards and has a framework to deliver care safely and consistently. We have strong governance that underpins our services, and an aim to go beyond the standards of care we’re required to deliver.
Strong governance behind better care
We provide a comprehensive range of care services, all backed by rigorous clinical governance and audit.
Our governance system covers four principal areas: policy and training, audit and compliance, customer experience and risk. Each area has a sub-committee, led by a head of department, and our Medical Director provides clinical leadership across our organisation.
Few, if any, care providers go this far, and we want to go further. We can ensure strong clinical governance because:
- Our risk management system makes key management information immediately accessible
- Our auditing team and Head of Clinical Audit give us clear sight of our care workers’ and nurses’ work
- We thoroughly manage medication under our Group Head of Medicines Management, along with robust policies and comprehensive staff training
- We focus on staff development through our coaching, clinical skills training and education panel
- Our complaints and patient feedback system feeds into our management information and organisational learning, helping us to improve our service
Commitment to care quality and compliance
Our aim is to deliver services that go beyond the regulatory standards set for us by the Care Quality Commission, Care Inspectorate Scotland and Social Services Inspectorate Wales.
Safeguarding our customers
Our Head of Safeguarding and our Safeguarding Panel ensure that we protect our customers at every stage. We have experts across our organisation, who offer specialist advice on supporting customers with a wide range of conditions, including dementia and learning disabilities.
Safeguarding our service
We lead the way in producing quality accounts of our services. To ensure every element of our service is safe and compliant, we constantly review our control procedures and use a dashboard of services to target extra support where we need it.
Safeguarding our staff
Our whistleblowing line enables staff to raise concerns anonymously, if they wish.
Continuous improvement in care quality
We look to continuously improve the services we provide for you. Our rigorous, risk-based audit structure identifies quality improvements across our branches, and our Continuous Quality Improvement team work with our staff to ensure we meet the highest standards.